Proven to withstand 25 million cycles
SELECT Aluminum Geared Continuous Hinges provide the longest-lasting solution for high-traffic doors. As a result, they save materials and energy. Our hinges have been proven to withstand 25 million cycles - equal to more than 60 years of use on the average high-traffic door. A longer life cycle means fewer hinges used, which means fewer resources used, fewer emissions produced and fewer tons of waste. And fewer maintenance dollars and headaches for you. They last so long we back them with our never-ending Continuous Warranty ™. They're a hassle-free way to make a greener building.
- Lengths 83"/ 85"/ 95" / 120". SELECT hinges are normally 1" shorter than actual opening height. Custom lengths available. Please see Toilet Partition hinge section for length information on the SL60/62.
- Load/Frequency Rating For 1-3/4" doors except where noted. 48" max. door width in 16 gauge hollow metal (min.) or 1/8" aluminum (min.). Frequency of use and door weight determine the hinge duty needed. SELECT Geared Continuous Hinge model numbers indicate appropriate hinge duty.
- Standard Duty [SD] Tested per BHMA standards for medium-frequency doors up to 200 lb. without frame or door reinforcement.
- Heavy Duty [HD] Tested per BHMA standards. Up to 200 lb. doors (high-frequency) and up to 400 lb. doors (medium-frequency) without frame or door reinforcement; up to 600 lb. doors (low-frequency) with the use of Rivnuts in the frame and door.
- Heavy Duty [LL] Our HD hinge with additional fastener holes for low-frequency doors up to 1,000 lb., including most lead-lined doors. Rivnuts are recommended in the frame and door on extremely tall, extremely heavy or wide doors.
- Standard Colors Clear and dark bronze. SL11's also stocked in Black. All SELECT Aluminum Geared Continuous Hinges are anodized after machining. Custom anodized and paint colors available, including bone white gear caps. Product painted or anodized in the field voids the SELECT Hinge warranty.
- Door Insets Choose the SELECT hinge model to match your door inset. Door insets are indicated next to each hinge model.
- Fire Rating Patented 3-hr. Underwriters Laboratories rating available without fire pins or studs, tested to meet the Positive and Negative pressure requirements of UL10B and UL10C, and in accordance with UBC 7.2 (1997). Available on all SELECT Aluminum Geared Continuous Hinges except SL38 (90-minute rated only), SL71 and Toilet Partition hinges.
- Grade 1 With the exception of the SL38 and Toilet Partition hinges, SELECT Geared Continuous Hinges are BHMA Grade 1 certified.